When employers have a dispute with one of their employees, they need a lawyer who will move swiftly to investigate the situation and resolve the issue. Unfortunately, many attorneys take a passive approach when dealing with employment law disputes. The consequences can be detrimental, both in the short and long term. We understand what is at stake and take a proactive approach to resolving employment issues.
When our clients retain us to help resolve an employment dispute, we immediately assess their situation and help determine whether their interests are best served by negotiating a settlement, engaging in alternative dispute resolution, or defending the claim in court. Our attorneys have worked for some of the largest law firms in the United States and have the knowledge, skill, experience and resources necessary to obtain the results to protect the company. At the same time, because of the small size of our firm, we can offer the highest levels of personal service and attention.
Our Employment Law Practice
We concentrate our employment law practice on the needs of employers, providing counsel on a broad range of issues, such as:
- Hiring, firing, promotion and discipline of employees
- Allegations of discrimination or harassment in the workplace
- Negotiation, preparation and review of employment agreements and other employment-related contracts, such as noncompete, nondisclosure and confidentiality agreements
- Employment policies, including employee handbooks
- Wage and hour issues, including classification of exempt and non-exempt employees, determination of overtime policies and calculation of overtime rates
- Wrongful termination claims under federal and state anti-discrimination and whistleblower laws
- All challenges related to executive compensation, including severance packages and access to benefits