Direct: (484) 875-3159
Aviation Liability Defense
General Counsel/Small Business/Contracts
Ms. Salita is senior counsel at Skinner Law Group where she manages the Malvern,
Pennsylvania office just outside of Philadelphia. For over 16 years, her practice has been
concentrated in tort litigation with particular emphasis on matters arising from aviation, products
liability, catastrophic loss, transportation accidents and related insurance coverage disputes. She
also provides “general counsel” representation for various businesses in the specialty
manufacturing, private security and natural gas service industries on legal matters pertaining to
business and product development, marketing, contract disputes, contract analysis and
negotiation, public relations and risk management.
While attending Villanova University School of Law, Laurie was a staff editor and member of
the Villanova Environmental Law Journal. She clerked for the Honorable Mark I. Bernstein of
the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas. Laurie has authored numerous legal articles and
presentations. Prior to joining Skinner Law Group, Laurie maintained similar practices as a
partner at a large international law firm headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and at
boutique litigation law firms headquartered in Wayne and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Laurie
was the 2012 Philadelphia Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 Award Recipient and a guest speaker
on the talk radio show “Women to Watch” in the Summer of 2013. In addition, Laurie is an
accomplished equestrian, wife and mother of two daughters.
- Secured dismissal of aircraft manufacturer in collection of lawsuits arising from crash of airliner off the coast of Miami in December 2005.
- Obtained significant settlement for airline after fixed-pedestal de-icing boom collapsed onto its Airbus aircraft.
- Secured dismissal of component part manufacturer in contribution action brought by aircraft engine manufacturer after manufacturer paid major settlement in aircraft accident case.
- Secured favorable settlements in multi-fatality crash of Challenger aircraft while representing charter company.
- Secured Forum Non Conveniens dismissal of component part manufacturer in major international air disaster arising from the crash of Air France 447 involving Multi-District Litigation.
- Represent(ed) major piston engine manufacturers, component part manufacturers, various Fixed Based Operators and Airports/Municipalities in numerous products liability and/or negligence and/or premises liability matters involving general aviation aircraft accidents.
- Represent(ed) airlines in various matters involving: disruptive and/or intoxicated passengers; personal injuries allegedly sustained on premises leased by airline (e.g. jetways); enforcement of ticket limitations and tariffs; construction and product liability litigation (e.g. baggage conveyor cases).
- Secured favorable settlements in various matters involving personal injuries sustained by consumer products and industrial equipment.
- Secured defense verdict in trial involving chemical exposure on natural gas production site.
- Tort and Insurance Practice Section of the Aviation and Space Law Committee of the American
- Federal and State Courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- 2001 Juris Doctorate, cum laude, Villanova University School of Law
- 1998 B.A., with honors, Villanova University
- Fall 2006 Private Pilot Ground School
- October 2006 Lycoming Engines, Piston Engine Service School
articles / seminars / awards
- Trial Advocacy Award, Villanova School of Law, 2001
- Authored and published over 10 articles and/or presentations
- 2001-2012 Elected Partner, Blank Rome LLP
- 2012 Philadelphia Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 Award Recipient;
- 2012 Speaker, 4th Annual Significant Legal Developments Affecting the Chemical, Oil
& Gas Industries Conference, Philadelphia, October 10, 2012
- Guest on radio show "Women to Watch" Spring/Summer 2013
- Presenter, American Bar Association’s Aviation and Space Law Conference,
Washington, DC, October 2013
- Presenter, Aviation Law and Insurance Symposium, Orlando, Florida, January 2016
- Presenter, AVICON, Insurance Claims Panel, September 2017