Office: (818) 710-7700
Direct: (818) 710-7709
Leigh is Senior Counsel with Skinner Law Group. She has over a decade of experience litigating high stakes conflicts in courts nationwide in which she successfully defends clients in areas involving product liability, aviation, intellectual property, employment, higher education and professional malpractice matters. Leigh also has expertise managing national class actions, in which she has defeated class certification and won summary judgment.
- Won bifurcation of liability and damages phases of trial in product liability action filed by catastrophically injured plaintiff; after which defense won complete verdict in liability phase of trial
- Leveraged and negotiated nuisance settlements in multiple wrongful termination cases involving claims based on whistleblower and anti-discrimination laws in several jurisdictions.
- Following aggressive deposition of plaintiff concerning operation of allegedly defective industrial machinery, negotiated complete dismissal of manufacturer without settlement payment.
- Managed national FLSA class action that resulted in highly favorable mediated settlement
- Resolved conflict concerning university discipline involving potential FERPA and Clery Act issues
- Won unanimous jury verdict for Am Law 100 law firm against $40 million claim alleging firm lawyers had provided erroneous legal advice on international trade issues
PUBLICATIONS / SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- U.S. Labor Law from the Industrial Revolution To Present, presentation at Da Vinci Innovation Academy, Los Angeles, 2013.
- Jurisdiction and Forum Selection Issues in the American Common Law System – A Practicing Litigator’s View, presentation at Universidad Mayor School of Law, Santiago, Chile, 2010.
- Dealing with Electronic Crime in the Workplace: Hacking, Stealing Trade Secrets, Fraud, Embezzlement and More, PBI Employment Law Handbook and CLE presentation, 2004.
- Managing Outside Counsel in Litigation: A Primer, ACCA Docket, Vol. 21, No. 4, 2003.
HONORS / AWARDS / NEWS
- Mediator training (100+ hours approved by the Association for Conflict Resolution)
- Villanova University School of Law Ethics Award
- Da Vinci Innovation Academy, Homeschooling parent and classroom lecturer
- Haven Academy of the Arts, Parent Volunteer
- Volunteer mediator in child custody cases
- Board of Trustees, Bala Cynwyd Public Library
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2000
- University of Chicago, M.A., 1997
- Allegheny College, B.A., 1993
- New Jersey
- New York