Sandra is Senior Counsel with Skinner Law Group. She advises and represents clients from various industries including manufacturing, pharmaceutical and aviation. She has extensive experience handling a variety of complex litigation and multi-district litigation proceedings. Sandra has handled the defense of complex product liability cases for aviation, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers as national and local counsel in both state and federal courts throughout the United States, including coordinated proceedings, multi-district litigations and class actions. Her successes include defense verdicts, summary judgments and obtaining dismissals in a variety of litigation matters.
- Representing a general aviation manufacturer as co-trial counsel in a personal injury lawsuit arising out of the crash of a Cessna 210 at the Eros Airport in Windhoek, Namibia. One of the plaintiffs, a California resident, suffered spinal cord injuries resulting from the accident and filed suit along with her husband seeking damages in excess of $30 million. After a five-day bench trial in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, the Court ruled in favor of Sandra’s client finding that Plaintiffs failed to prove their manufacturing defect claims and that the accident was caused by pilot error. See Higley v. Cessna Aircraft Co., 2013 WL 5315299 (C.D. Cal. 2013).
- Negotiated a favorable settlement on behalf of a chemical manufacturer alleged to have caused Acute Myelogenous Leukemia and death as a result of exposure to 21 of its chemical products.
- Responsible for managing and overseeing asbestos claims nationwide for aviation manufacturer.
- Focused on medical causation issues related to chemical exposures and various medical diseases and conditions such as Acute Myelogenous Leukemia, Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and aplastic anemia in multiple chemical exposure cases.
- Responsible for preparing and responding to discovery in large coordinated proceeding with multiple pharmaceutical manufacturers involving products liability allegations.
- Extensive experience preparing discovery and taking depositions in products liability case involving allegation of defective aircraft engine.
- Defended large insurance company in federal court case involving underlying wage and hour class action claims.
- Successfully argued a petition to have a newspaper declared a paper of general circulation in state court.
- Defense Research Institute
- Aviation Insurance Association
- International Air & Transportation Safety Bar Association
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Represented multiple animal rights organizations on a pro bono basis.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1998
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A., magna cum laude, 1994
- California federal courts