Office: (818) 710-7700
Direct: (818) 710-7706
Federal, State, Municipal Regulation and Licensing
Stephen currently serves as the Director of Business Affairs for Skinner Law Group where he focuses primarily on corporate governance within the hospitality industry. Prior to joining the firm, Stephen served as the Manager of Business Affairs for Umami Restaurant Group where he was responsible for the formation and annual reporting of over 40 different entities throughout major US markets including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, New York, and Chicago. In addition, he was responsible for contract review and negotiation, internal and external policy, process and standard development as well as URG’s international expansion efforts. He has experience in all aspects of federal, state, county and municipal permitting and licensing.
Stephen is also the Principal of Measure Twice, a Los Angeles-based consulting group dedicated to assisting businesses in the strategic formation, organization, and operation of their enterprise.
- Responsible for the establishment of various corporate structures currently operating within the hospitality industry that allow for growth, expansion and limited liability while providing for efficient management of assets between and among affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Represented a UAV/UAS aerial cinematography company in the acquisition and buyout of outstanding membership interests.
- Negotiated aerial "footage-for-equipment" contract between domestic UAV/UAS operator and foreign UAV/UAS manufacturer.
- Established and operationally permitted several full service restaurants in Miami Beach, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and San Francisco.
- Operationally permitted restaurant concepts for participation in national concert events (Googa Mooga, Coachella).
- Worked alongside various inceptive businesses ranging from web-based subscriptions to hospitality operators to design & branding studios to develop business cultures that help minimize potential liabilities.
- National Association of Licensing and Compliance Professionals
- California Restaurant Association
- Bruin Varsity Club
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D., 2007
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 2001